Local Safeguarding Children Board
Welcome to the Local Safeguarding Children Board for the London Borough of Newham
Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility and the purpose of these web pages is to encourage the widest possible participation in the work of the Local Safeguarding Children Board.
The core objectives of the LSCB:
As part of this, the board will :
- develop child protection procedures and policies
- ensure child protection work is of a consistently high standard
- arrange training for staff who work with children, parents and families
- raise awareness generally about the need to protect children and how
- members of the public can help.
Receive our Newsletter
For up-to-date information and child safety news
For Children & Young People
Parents & Carers
Learning & Training Courses
Working Together to Safeguard Children (2010) expects that introductory safeguarding training should be done by single agencies in-house. We expect all participants at multi-agency training to be familiar with basic signs & symptoms and with their own internal procedures for reporting concerns.