- This event has passed.
Child Sexual Abuse
May 23 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
To enhance knowledge of sexual abuse; how to recognize signs and the impact on children and young people. How to support a child who has been sexually abused and what to do when a child has made a disclosure.
Training Level: 2
By the end of the course participants will :
- Know how to recognise the signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse
- Understand the nature and impact of sexual abuse on children’s health and wellbeing during childhood and beyond
- Be aware of developmental perspectives and the communication methods children may use and understand the barriers and reasons why children may not disclose sexual abuse
- Be confident to report and refer cases of alleged and/or suspected child sexual abuse in accordance with the London Child Protection Procedures
- Be familiar with the child protection investigation process and their role in this
- Gain strategies for working with children and their carers in cases that have been stepped down on completing of a child protection investigation
- Consider the role of meaningful relationships in increasing a child’s strengths and resilience
- Have information on local services and resources that can support children and their families
All training hand outs and PowerPoint presentation and relevant material used will be provided electronically
10 people are attending Child Sexual Abuse