Complex Safeguarding: Introduction and Tools
June 11 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Children’s Social Care has designed a model approach for assessment and planning for children who have complex safeguarding needs as a result of Exploitation.
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of complex safeguarding and the tools to help assess levels of exploitation for children and young people who go missing including those at risk/involved in Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE).
This workshop will provide an overview of how the information gathered will be assessed/utilised by the Missing from Care/Home panels.
This course is targeted at all LSCB partner agencies
The aims of each session is to:
- Improve our knowledge and confidence for working with our most vulnerable children
- Provide a core and common understanding of identification and assessment of children with multiple vulnerabilities associated with Missing from Home/Care and Exploitation
Each session will include:
- An overview of what complex safeguarding is within Newham
- An overview of the Exploitation screening tool which is used to identify children who are being/are at risk of exploitation.
- An overview of the Exploitation Team around the Child (ETAC) approach which is a multi agency approach to assess, plan and disrupt exploitation activity.
- An overview of the Trigger plan for children at risk of or Missing from Home/Care.
- An overview of the Missing from Home/Care panels.
7 people are attending Complex Safeguarding: Introduction and Tools