- This event has passed.
** CANCELLED – COURSE NO LONGER RUNNING** Effective Engagement with Families
February 8 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
The critical role played by practitioners in engaging and communicating with families has been highlighted in findings from serious case reviews and is at the heart of many Early Help strategies. Engaging families with high levels of need can be challenging though and the way we communicate with parents is often critical. This course aims to support practitioners to feel more confident in this task. It provides an opportunity to stand back from the detail of the work and reflect on how we engage in these relationships and what gets in the way of successful engagement.
Training Level: 3
By the end of the course the learners should be able to:
- Describe what is meant by engagement and, therefore, what is meant by “effective engagement with families”
- Describe the variety of ways in which families do not engage and co-operate and why families may exhibit difficulties in engaging
- Recognise the barriers that working with difficult to engage families causes in keeping the child at the centre of the work
- How to progress risk assessments whilst working to facilitate change and improve engagement
- Develop the skills to manage and diffuse highly charged and difficult situations
- Ensure that practitioners have a further insight into disguised compliance
Slides, hand outs and case Studies.
One person is attending ** CANCELLED – COURSE NO LONGER RUNNING** Effective Engagement with Families