Courses are free for attendees, however failure to attend once a place has been booked will incur a charge of £50 for half day course, £100 for full day course billed separately after the event. Cancellations must be received 48 hours prior to training session via email only to :
- This event has passed.
Impact of Parental Substance Misuse on C&YP
11th December 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
We hope to broaden participants’ understanding of issues relating to substance use and parenting, allowing them to feel able to make more informed assessments in this area.
By the end of the course the learners should be able:
- To develop an understanding of drug and alcohol use and awareness of the effects and risks associated with the most commonly misused substances
- To explore personal attitudes and values in relation to drug use in general and to drug using parents in particular
- To explore the possible impacts on children of parental substance-misuse
- Develop skills in basic risk assessment of drug and alcohol use in regards to parenting and Child Protection
- Begin to identify practical ways of working effectively with the children around drug and alcohol using parents
- Develop intervention skills with families to reduce risk of harm
- Identify the circumstances in which concerns trigger referrals for a Children Social Care intervention
- Develop knowledge of local resources for supporting families with substance using parents.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.