Impact of Parental Mental Health on Children & Young People (Advanced)
September 3 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
The aim of this course is to strengthen links and raise awareness of the impact upon dependent children of parental mental illness and to develop their knowledge of good practice in this area of work
Delegates should be senior staff – manager’s, qualified social workers/health staff, Practice Leads and, Designated safeguarding Leads.
Training Level: 3
By the end of the half day course participants should be able to:
- Have an increased awareness of the range of parental mental health problems
- Have an increased awareness of local mental health services
- Understand specific risks to children resulting from parental mental Illness
- Identify key aspects of mental illness and understand how these may impact on parenting capacity
- Engage effectively in multi-agency assessments and interventions where there are concerns relating to the impact upon a child of parental mental illness.
5 people are attending Impact of Parental Mental Health on Children & Young People (Advanced)